Sunday, September 11, 2011

Summer Catch Up


Its impossible to get a serious photo from this guy!
Whew! Our summer was fantastic and very busy (hence why I am just now getting around to blogging about it). I realize that John updated our last blog post to include this (at the very bottom) but-- FIRST AND FOREMOST -- John reapplied to the BYU animation program and was accepted!!! I am SO proud! BYU's program is internationally ranked and many of the major studios, like Dreamworks, say it is the best one in the nation. John started his classes two weeks ago and he is already involved in an animated short that the department is working on. Its so exciting!

I started and finished Summer classes. I did well, but it was not my favorite term here at BYU. I enjoyed the subject matter, but the way it was presented was pretty lackluster. I am glad to be on to new classes.



Since so much has happened, I decided I would let the photos do most of the talking. Here is what we have been up to this summer:
Happy family the morning after our camp out
Our boat of a tent!

We had a church camp out, which was a blast. The had lots of games for the little kids and Sammy enjoyed playing with all the other munchkins. It was Sammy's first time camping and everything went smoothly, mostly because our tent is large enough to fit an elephant (at least it felt like that to me, who is used to sleeping with just a tarp!) We had a queen-sized air mattress and Sam's pack-n-play set up with enough room to fit another queen air mattress! Anyone want to come with us next time?

Me and our amazing friends @ the midnight showing of Harry Potter
We were able to see quite a few movies this summer including Pirate of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Super 8, Captain America, The Help, Kung Fu Panda 2 and Rise of the Planet of the Apes (best one). I was even able to go to the midnight showing of the final Harry Potter movie with some fantastic friends!

Hogsmeade @ Islands of Adventure
Speaking of Harry Potter, John and I were able to go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Islands of Adventure in Orlando a few weeks ago. We were able to meet up with some great friends while there and we had a blast. John's parents were kind enough to babysit for us. It was nice to get out together.

Butterbeer!

Hogwarts Castle

Hogwarts Express
Hogs Head Pub
REAL carnivorous pitcher plants!
The Three Broomsticks! We ate dinner here!
Us in Seuss Landing
So after classes were over for me, we were able to take a trip to FL to visit our folks. We spent about 5 days in Venice with my family and another 5 days in Orlando with John's family. We had a great time. Below are a few photos of our FL adventures.

View over the Great Salt Lake

View over the Gulf of Mexico

Sammy with her Grandpa Great and Grandma Great

First time at the beach!

Sammy and her cousin, Marcus

Sammy at the Venice fountains
I see you!
"hmm...maybe I can drink this"
Whee!
My family
It was so much fun visiting family and friends. I wish we could have stayed longer and seen everyone that we wanted to, but we had to fly back for the Fall semester. It is going well so far. I will have to keep you posted (hopefully more often than I did this summer). 

Sammy got her first haircut this last week. The last two photos are of her playing at the park and of her new haircut. 
Sporting pink. She loves her new sunglasses.

Samantha's new haircut!



No comments:

Post a Comment