Sunday, October 16, 2011

First 5K Ever!

RAHHHhh! Braaaaiinnnns! Yesterday I had the chance to run my very first 5K race. It was a zombie-themed race where you registered as either a zombie or human. They gave the humans a two minute head start and then the rest of us undead chased after them. Over 1200 people showed up for the race, 900 of which were the undead. It was so much fun and I look for any excuse to pull out my Halloween makeup.


I registered over three months ago for the race thinking that it would keep me motivated to get in shape. Despite this, I didn't do much to prepare, but now that I have finished a race, I feel much more motivated to do another and prepare. 


 I had two goals for the race: finish in under 60 minutes and not finish last. I surprised myself and finished in 38 minutes 7 seconds! I was really happy to just finish, but the time was icing on the cake. John and Sammy came and cheered me along. Below are a few photos from the race. Next week, we're going to a corn maze so we'll have more to post on next Sunday.


RAHHHhh! Cerebros!!!! Ontem, eu correi em minha primeira corrida de 5 kilometros. A corrida tinha uma tema de "zombies" (nao sei como falar em portugues--uma monstro que 'e morta, mas ainda anda e gosta de comer cerebros). As pessoas registraram para  a corrida como um humano ou um "zombie". Os humanos comecaram primeira e, depois de dois minutos, os "zombies" comecaram a correr atras os humanos. Mais de 1200 pessoas registrou para a corrida e 900 foram "zombies". Foi muito divertido e gosto de colocar maquina de Dia das Bruxas.


Eu registrei tres meses atras para a corrida pensando que eu iria fazer exercicio. EU nao preparei muito, mas agora que ja terminei uma corrida, vou correr mais para um nova corrida.


Tinha duas metas para a corrida: termina em menos de 60 minutos, e nao ser a ultima pessoa a terminar. Eu fico supresa porque terminei com 38 minutos e 7 segundos. Foi animada a so' terminar, mas foi mais rapido do que eu pensava. John e Sammy foram tambem para alegrar-me. Em baixo estao mais fotos. A semana que vem, vamos para um labirinto de milho, entao vou escrever mais a semana que vem!




1 comment:

  1. Love it. The makeup is great and what an amazing time! I would have been the person coming in last :)

    ReplyDelete