Wednesday, May 1, 2013

One Herzog Year in Review

It has been over a year since my last post here. So much has happened. Fortunately, we have lots of pictures and videos. Here, for your enjoyment, is May 2012-April 2013 in review.

May 2012
We went to Zion National Park with some good friends to see the solar eclipse. We had a lot of fun camping and hiking in the park.



 June 2012
 I started my dream internship with the US Forest Service in Pleasant Grove. It was absolutely AMAZING! I got to split my time between hiking, doing maintenance and interacting with the public. The people I worked with were fantastic!

My office every day

This is a horrible picture. I was trying to get a shot of the butterfly crawling on my shirt. Little did I know that this would be the only picture I would take the ENTIRE summer of me in my uniform...had I known that, I would have at least smiled.

This is me and the trail crew. Great group! We had a lot more fun than this picture shows. We decided to take a 'tough' picture after having hauled two truck bed loads of stuff. 
I was also a part of a great writing group. We decided to meet on campus for what our friend Lorren called a gondola. We thought: cool! I didn't know that BYU had a gondola on campus. After about 20 minutes of looking, we realized that she meant a gazebo, not a gondola. It was still a cool place to get together.

We would tell creepy stories to each other
July 2012
I went to the July 4th balloon festival! I can't wait to take Sammy this coming July.



We also made a trip to Florida. John and Sammy were there for three weeks, and I flew in for a week.

The 3 Amigos

Mom and Dad




August 2012
My topsy-turvy garden started producing (despite the lawn mowers hacking it to pieces twice!) and we made a few trips to the local water park.




September 2012
John got a bike and we did some riding as a family.


October 2012
We went on some Fall hikes.



November 2012
We got a dog--an English Bulldog named Winston



He has grown quite a bit since we got him!
We had an early snowstorm and had some fun playing in the white stuff.



December 2012
 We got a family portrait taken.



And we had a wonderful Christmas.


We also had a family snow day.


January 2013
Sammy and I did some ice fishing.


John continued to work hard in school.


You can see more of John's hard work at http://www.johnherzog.net/ 
We just found out as I type this that he is a finalist for a Disney internship this summer!



February 2013
Sammy turned 3!!


March 2013
We went to the Holi Festival of Colors







April 2013
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Recreation Management from BYU!!!!





2 comments:

  1. Love this, don't wait a whole year for the next installment :) Loved the zombie pony and John's movie especially

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fabulous (as always and ever). I love you tons and tons.

    ReplyDelete